The Pantry Essential Checklist
Winter is coming! Who else is ready to hibernate? You know we are.
Stocking up your pantry with the right essentials can be a life-saver on those nights where you'd much rather be cozying up by the fireplace than pacing in the freezer aisle. Plus, we organize our pantry in a way that ensures you get all the best nutrients, while simplifying the meal-making process. Say Hello to the Essential Checklist you can always rely on.
- Oils & Vinegars -Whether it’s for cooking, drizzling, or frying- oils like MCT Oil or Olive Oil are a must-have. We loved using our MCT Oil in this Fall Salad Recipe. Sesame Oil is amazing for Asian-inspired recipes and Balsamic Vinegar is a lovely addition to salad dressings, sauces, and marinades.
- Spices, Seasonings, & Sweeteners - Salt & Pepper are a MUST, most can’t eat without it. I also love having turmeric, crushed red pepper, oregano, cinnamon, and paprika on hand. My go-to sweetener is honey or blue agave syrup. One of our favorite ways to keep warm and get all the immunity benefits from these spices, is with this Immunity-Boosting Golden Turmeric Soup recipe. It's a must try and perfect for the season!
- Canned goods - tomatoes, pumpkin (fall baby!), coconut milk, vegetable broth and ALL the beans. An easy way to add important components to any recipe. We used canned Oat Milk in our Pink Beet Latte Recipe and I don't think I've ever felt so cozy!
- Rice & Grains - the base and foundation of most well-rounded meals. Keep it high in nutrients with brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat pasta, and oats. If you're feeling Merry, grab some oats and try these Collagen-Rich Matcha Pancakes for a delightful breakfast.
- Nuts, Seeds & Dried Fruit - super easy to throw on salads or in yogurt, and a tasty snack! Also, peanut butter or almond butter is a must. Not a fan? Try our Flaxseed Oil softgels.
- Vitamins & Supplements- Cue Sports Research. Cover your bases of daily wellness with Vitamin C, Vitamin K2 + D3, Daily Probiotics, and Omega-3 Fish Oil.
Tag our social media @sportsresearch with what recipes you've created from your pantry this season!