Immunity-Boosting Golden Turmeric Soup
Got Milk? Or should we say, Got SR Golden Milk? Our SR Golden Milk does double duty now. Not only will it make a delicious and nutritious beverage you can sip sip hooray about, it will also satisfy your craving for that warm bowl of soup you’ve been daydreaming about. In other words, simply adding a couple scoops of our SR Organic Golden Milk to your soup (and more) might be your new secret weapon in the kitchen. It’s got the flavors and the nutrients to keep your belly happy and your body healthy, and we’ve got the perfect recipe for you to try it out.
1 large Onion, chopped
2 tbsp Olive Oil
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
4 cups Broccoli
2 tbsp SR Golden Milk powder
4 large Carrots, peeled and chopped
4 Celery stalks, chopped
4-5 cups of Vegetable Broth
1 cup raw Cashews*
1 tsp of Salt
½ tsp of Pepper
Spice Options: sliced jalapeño, crushed red pepper, cayenne to taste
*Cashews are used as a thickener for the soup once blended, but can easily be substituted with 2 small potatoes, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté until aromatic, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrots, celery, salt, pepper and sauté for about 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add SR Golden Milk powder and stir.
- Add in broccoli and stir another minute.
- Add vegetable broth, enough to almost cover the ingredients entirely.
- Bring to a boil and add raw cashews, add spice option(s) too, if desired.
- Let simmer for about 20-25 minutes, until veggies soften.
- Transfer ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. (It’s very important the soup mixture isn’t scalding hot when blending, allow it to cool down before blending.)
- Serve & enjoy 😋.
Topping options: cilantro, yogurt, pepitas, green onion, radish, squeeze of lemon