Going Back to the Office? Here are 4 Steps to Help Ease the Transition
Whether you’re going back to the office, entering a hybrid work situation, or continuing to work from home- the changing landscape of work-life balance can be difficult to navigate. You may be feeling a bit anxious about the transition, so we’ve prepared a few strategies to guide you through the return to “normalcy” in the workplace.
Step 1: Make a plan
- Find a new podcast for your commute or listen to a playlist for your workflow - we have a Fall Spotify Playlist to keep your chilled office space a little cozier.
- Plan out your meals for the week- we’ve got a little inspiration to get your home cooking juices flowing:
Step 2: Set boundaries and be considerate of others
- Recognize your own comfortability with hand shaking, close interaction, etc. Acknowledge where you draw the line and check in with your coworkers on their own comfortability.
- Keep following hygienic practices & stock your desk drawer with the essentials:
- Immune Support Collection
- Hand sanitizer
- Stress ball
Step 3: Find your new balance
- Be aware that this will be an adjustment - take care of your body and prioritize rest. Work-life balance is still key here.
- Book your vacation time now. Just because the office disappeared, doesn’t mean the stress from work faded. Establishing your personal time early-on communicates that you’re on top of things while relieving yourself from the stress of figuring it out later on.
- Design your new wellness regimen- maybe it’s a good time to find a new gym or emotional outlet. We’ve got tools to support you:
Step 4: Lean on your network of support
- We have spent a lot of time over the last year and a half connecting virtually to support our mental and emotional health. Take advantage of the in-person interaction to let off steam and absorb the many benefits of being with other humans.
- Don’t be afraid to vent or open up about how you’re feeling. Everyone is navigating this time differently and staying connected is vital. A few tools to keep in mind:
What are your tips for going back to the office? We want to know! Share with us @sportsresearch, @sweetsweat on Social!
Written by: Natalie Anzivino