Vegan Creamy Garlic Mushroom Pasta
We are obsessed with this Vegan Creamy Garlic Mushroom Pasta. It's super easy to make and the perfect comfort food for any late weeknight dinner. This protein packed pasta uses simple ingredients and will always leave you wanting more!
*Inspiration for this recipe comes from our very own plant-based sensei, Nathan. Click here to learn his best hacks and tips on being vegan.
- 300 g whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 300 g sliced mushrooms
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup of your favorite non-dairy milk
- 2-3 tbsp tahini
- Handful of parsley
- Nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tbsp Sports Research MCT Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook your penne according to package instructions
- While your penne is cooking, chop the red onion and add to a large pan with MCT oil. Pan fry until softened.
- Thinly slice and add the garlic to the red onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Then, add sliced mushrooms to the pan. Stir occasionally until mushrooms shrink and soften.
- When the pasta is cooked, strain and add to the pan with onions, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Pour in the soy milk and tahini, followed by the lemon juice, parsley, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together and enjoy!