Root Vegetable Fries with Golden Tahini Dipping Sauce
Looking for the ultimate Guilt-Free way to devour French Fries? We have your answer:
Introducing Rainbow Root Fries with Golden Tahini Dipping Sauce. These fries have a colorful, healthy twist that will have you making this recipe weekly. Paired with the spices of our SR Golden Milk powder, Tahini and a few other ingredients makes this recipe addictively satisfying. No need to smother your fries in Ketchup!
We loved breaking out all of the seasonal root vegetables for this recipe and it’s perfect for a Thanksgiving appetizer or a tasty side dish! It’s so easy to prepare and cook - we went with the air fryer but an oven will work just as well!
Root Veggies (Choose your Faves!)
Sweet Potato - Regular, Purple, Japanese
Beets - Purple, Golden
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
1/2 tbsp Arrowroot or CornStarch
1/4 cup Tahini
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2-3 tbsp Greek Yogurt
1 Scoop SR Golden Milk
1 Garlic Clove, grated
Bunch of Chives, thinly chopped
2-3 tbsp Water (for desired consistency)
Dash of Cayenne (optional)
1. Preheat Air Fryer or Oven to 400 F.
2. Prepare Root Vegetables — Chop each vegetable into French Fry shape (about 1/4 inch thick), trying to keep a consistent size through out. We left the skin on all of our veggies for extra nutrition and fiber !
3. Place vegetables in a mixing bowl and toss in Olive Oil and Salt.
4. Sift Arrowroot over the veggies until lightly covered. Toss again. Be sure there are no clumps of Arrowroot.
5. Place in Air Fryer and cook for about 20 minutes, until crisp and lightly browned. Depending on your cooking method, be sure the veggies are spread out evenly so they cook evenly. Flip half way through. *Cook times may vary, depending on which veggies you choose.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the dipping sauce — combine all ingredients listed in a mixing bowl, except the water and whisk. Add in water for desired consistency. And whisk again until thoroughly combined.
7. Remove veggies from Air Fryer or Oven, sprinkle with Salt and Pepper and serve immediately.
Tip: Soak the vegetables in water for at least 10 minutes after chopping to remove some of the extra starch. This will result in even crispier veggie fries.