Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Did you know you can purchase our Organic MCT Oil at Costco?! When combined with a low carbohydrate diet, MCT's provide energy for the body and brain by assisting in the production of ketones.* Upgrade your healthy salad by adding a tablespoon of MCT Oil to your dressing. This recipe below is one of our all-time favorites!
For the salad:
2 cups cooked quinoa
4 persian cucumbers, diced
3 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
½ small red onion, diced
Handful of olives, chopped
Handful fresh herbs (basil, parsley and/or dill)
1 Avocado, sliced, for topping
For the dressing:
1 lemon, squeezed
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare quinoa by following the package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- For the dressing, add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until combined thoroughly and keep cool in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the remaining vegetables, beans and herbs.
- Add the salad ingredients to a large salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well-combined.
- Serve with avocado and/or your favorite protein and enjoy!
How do you incorporate MCT Oil into your diet? Share your tips with us on social @sportsresearch