Chocolate Collagen Waffles
It’s National Waffle Day and there is no better way to celebrate than with these Dark Chocolate Collagen Waffles. Collagen is one of the most important nutrients when it comes to supporting the health of our joints, bones, skin, hair & nails everyday.*
The Dark Chocolate Collagen flavor and versatility of the Cassava flour makes for the perfect guilt-free, protein packed breakfast. There’s nothing better than indulging into something sweet while knowing you are putting the very best ingredients into your body.
Ingredients (makes about 5 square waffles)
2 cups Cassava Flour, we used Pamela’s
2 cups Oat Milk
6 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Sea Salt
½ tsp Baking Soda
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
1-2 tbsp freshly squeezed Lemon
- Preheat waffle iron
- Add dry ingredients to large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the bow of dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Spray waffle iron with oil (if needed) to keep batter from sticking.
- Add batter to waffle iron. Fill about ¾ full of batter as the batter will expand a bit once fully cooked.
- Cook for about 5-6 minutes, until the waffle is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove waffles from iron, plate and cover with your favorite toppings and sauces. We used homemade almond butter sauce, homemade raspberry sauce and topped with blueberries, strawberries, banana, mango, cacao nibs, and maple syrup. Soooo YUM !
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.